Students in the Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) program at Baruch College are required to submit their final and approved dissertation to Proquest ETD Administrator and encouraged to submit to CUNY Academic Works. This LibGuide provides guidance for the submission process to both platforms.
Why do I need to submit my dissertation to Proquest ETD Administrator?
- Your dissertation will be published and distributed through ProQuest; Your dissertation will be discoverable in the database ProQuest Dissertations & Theses and Google Scholar; Through ProQuest, your work will become a part of the body of knowledge and scholarship.
- Being discoverable increases the visibility and impact of your work.
What happens during this submission process to ProQuest ETD?
- You will enter information about your dissertation, upload a copy of your work, and order printed copies (if desired).
- Your submission will be reviewed by staff at the Newman Library before they deliver it to ProQuest.
- If revisions are needed, you will receive notifications from the Newman Library librarian through Proquest ETD Administrator.
- You will email the Approval Page with signatures to the library via email
- If revisions are not needed, the dissertation will be submitted (delivered) to ProQuest; You will receive notifications with updates from ProQuest.
Why should I consider uploading my dissertation to CUNY Academic Works, as well?
- CUNY Academic Works is the college's online institutional repository and represents a range of the college's intellectual and creative output
- Items in CUNY Academic Works are discoverable in Google Scholar, which can lead to the increased visibility and impact of your work; links in Google Scholar will lead researchers to the full text of your dissertation in CUNY Academic Works
- You can share the full text of your work with others through CUNY Academic Works since it is accessible by the public.
- Dissertations will be discoverable and the full text of the content will be accessible through Baruch's OneSearch system, as well.