In this workshop we will:
You should have already taken the Zotero 1 Workshop and downloaded the prerequisite software (below).
This guide should be followed in order of the numbered tabs above.
*For this workshop I will be demonstrating using Dropbox.
*CUNY students have a free Dropbox account with a capacity of 15 Gigs. CUNY Faculty get 1 TB.
To claim your free CUNY Dropbox account:
-Navigate to: https://dropbox.cuny.edu
-Log in to CUNY Dropbox with your CUNY Login account information (the same information you use to log into Blackboard). Your username should be in this format: Firstname.Lastnameemail@example.com
If you have a personal Dropbox account (or other cloud service account) that you would prefer to use for storing Zotero attachments, you are more than welcome to use that so long as you are able to use the desktop version of it (see next step). The instructions provided in this workshop (using CUNY Dropbox as an example) should work for you just as well.
Here are instructions about how to do this with Dropbox:
1) Download the Dropbox desktop application:
2) Once installed, you’ll be prompted to sign in to your Dropbox account.
3) Sign in to your account.
You’ll now have the Dropbox desktop app, a Dropbox icon in your system tray/menu bar, and a Dropbox folder on your computer.
Any changes you make to the Dropbox application are automatically synced to your account on dropbox.com.
Here are instructions about how to do this with Google Drive:
If you don’t already have one, please install a PDF Viewer/ Editor on your computer.
You should probably already have one.
In case you don’t, you can get Adobe Acrobat Reader DC here for free:
1) Open the Dropbox App window on your computer (If you are using a Mac, the icon may show up in the upper right corner after opening. Just click on that icon.)
2) Click on your name or organization’s name (it should be in the in the lower left corner), then select Preferences
3) From the menu that opens, select Account
4) Select Unlink this account
5) The next time you try to open Dropbox it will prompt you to sign in
6) Sign in with your Dropbox with CUNYFirst account
7) If you have 2-step authentication enabled you’ll see a button that says get your link code
8) After clicking on the button, a browser window will open where it asks you to log in with your CUNYFirst information
9) After logging in you will be given a code. Copy the code and paste it into your desktop Dropbox window.
10) Choose let admin
11) Your computer will now have a file connected with the Dropbox account you chose.