Library Location & Hours
Newman Library is located at 151 E. 25th St., across from the Vertical Campus.
Newman Library hours vary depending on the time of year, but is usually open from 7am-Midnight.
Ask a Librarian for research help.
Library Telephone: 646-312-1600
Circulation & Reserve Desk: 646-312-1660
Reference Desk: 646-312-1610
Baruch Computing & Technology Center: 646-312-1010
The Library, Floor-by-Floor
Welcome - 10 Things You Should Know about the Library
- Validate your ID at the Circulation Desk on the 2nd floor so you can borrow materials. Do this early in the semester!
- Over 200 library databases provide access to thousands of online journals, newspapers, books, reports, and data sets that are not freely available on the web. When connecting to databases while off campus, you will be prompted to type in your Baruch username and password.
- Research help is available in-person or online. Use the Reference Desk, located on the second floor, for in-person, drop-in assistance. For in-depth research help, schedule a research consultation. Use Ask A Librarian for 24/7 chat help or to email a librarian.
- The library is open for studying from 7am to midnight, everyday, except for legal holidays and summer sessions. (Reference, Circulation, and Laptop Loan desk hours vary.)
- During midterms and finals, the library is open 24 hours a day for studying. (Only currently registered Baruch students will be permitted to stay in or enter the library after midnight.)
- Search the library's catalog for books, DVDs, and electronic media. You can search all CUNY libraries at once or limit your search to one CUNY library. You can request circulating materials from other CUNY libraries through the catalog by using the orange "Request It" button.
- Connect to the wireless network by using your Baruch username and password.
- Online subject guides created by librarians will help you to connect to resources and tutorials related to your topic.
- Most books can be borrowed for a 3 week loan period. You can renew books through MyAccount in the library's catalog. (more information)
- You can use any of the CUNY libraries. Before visiting another CUNY library, make sure you have your CUNY ID and a bursar's receipt for the current semester.
Graduate Services Librarian
Newman Library, Room 422
151 E. 25th St.
New York, NY 10010
Contact me with comments, concerns or suggestions about graduate library services and resources.
Anthropology, Sociology, Women's Studies